Monday, October 15, 2012

Fall Fashion and Decorating


Heads up, these next several days I am doing a blogging challenge for Arkansas Women Bloggers.  Hence the picture above. 

Today's topic: Fall fashion and decorating. 

I love the fall.  From the pumpkin spice lattes to the salted caramel mochas... okay, admittedly the fancy coffee drinks are a large part of my love for fall.  But there is so much more to love about fall!  The cooler temperatures, the fall decorations, and the wonderful fall clothing!  This post will be about those last two.

First of all, fall decorations are great, because they are so easy!  Pumpkins, wreaths with orange leaves, orange flowers... love it all!  What I am doing this year: a lovely fall wreath with various colored leaves and small pumpkins on it; and possibly some different size pumpkins for my porch.  I think the painted pumpkins (like the chevron ones) are super cute, but due to my lack of craftiness, don't think I could pull that off.  I will have a few different decorations close to Halloween time, but I will save that for another blog post. ; )  What fall decorations are you going to have this year?  Do you have any recommendations or suggestions for particular decorations or where to find cute fall decor?

Now on to fall clothing... We are planning to get Graham's 1-year pictures taken soon.  I hope to take a few with Dustin and me too that we could use for Christmas pictures.  I have no idea what to wear or what to get Dustin/Graham to wear.  I want to wear something comfortable yet flattering and want all of the colors of our clothing to complement each other.  I'm trying to figure out my outfit first and then figure out Graham's and Dustin's outfits later.  For me, I was thinking skinny jeans and layers.  Either flats or brown boots.  I posted a couple of pictures below as examples of what I was thinking.  No matter what I wear, I'm going to have to go shopping soon... my closet is really pathetic.  I haven't been shopping in ages and really need to update my wardrobe.  Any suggestions on clothing and/or colors that are "in" this year.... and good places to find these things?  I really want some brown boots ... where's a good place to get these at a reasonable price?  I have limited time, people!  




 
'Til next time, folks! 

10 comments:

  1. Go to Riffraff for trendy tops & jewelry & Old Navy forskinny jeans. Try a cute scarf too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute post Lynds. I have been looking for the brown boots (above). I am excited about fall and the leaves changing colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mustard and Navy are really in right now. I like both outfits, although with the second, that shirt would have to be more like a dress for me... I am anti leggings as pants. hahaha.

    Can't wait to see what you end up deciding on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, girls! I agree, Michelle... there are some black pants that are thicker than leggings and not at all see through that might work for that, but I'd probably have to get a short dress/long shirt for that. I started looking through Graham's clothes to see if he had any that might work, because I KNOW I don't. I found a sweater vest and shirt that might work that are dark gray and hunter green. I was thinking I'd get Dustin and I variations on those colors (lighter green, lighter gray), some sort of pattern for Dustin... maybe stripes, and some sort of layers for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kind of like the first picture on this site: http://jenhebertphotography.blogspot.com/2011/09/what-to-wear.html?spref=bl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had shopping advice! Our family did family photos last fall and we wore the fall pallette (sp?) Since the photos will be used for Christmas, I wouldn't go all out obvious fall, perhaps just the muted colors?

    This is Jamie from Jamie's Thots. Having trouble with my Google ID tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look for boots at Belks - I've found good deals there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did a guest blog series for what to wear for photo shoots for a photographer friend if you want to check it out. Some are more spring/summer, but I tried to give tips that would work for any season. http://rebekahwrightphotoblog.com/?cat=49

    Plum is a very flattering color that is also trendy for fall (and it would look awesome with gray). Oxblood (deep brownish red) was supposed to be THE color for fall, but it hasn't taken off quite as much as mustard, a harder color for most people to wear. However, if you wear it away from your face it can look really good!

    As far as a good one-stop place to shop, asos.com is great and they're having a huge sale right now. I also love piperlime.com. Some of their stuff is pricey but they have plenty at the other end of the spectrum, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Julianne! I don't think I could wear mustard well at all. Pale skin (at least mine) doesn't look great with yellow/orange colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that last look, but I might brighten it up with a red sweater for the Christmas look. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete