Thursday, October 25, 2012

My Little Boy Blue!

Today was Mother Goose Day at Kids Day Out!  It was the first dress up day Graham has had in child care so I was very excited.  Luckily, Grandma Calufetti helped out with his costume.  She got the cutest part, ... the overalls!  I LOVE them!  I know he'll wear them a bunch, not just for costume times.  

As the name of the day suggests, we were supposed to dress our kids up in a costume of a Mother Goose character and bring the rhyme that goes with their character.  Graham was Little Boy Blue.  Here's a picture of Little Boy Blue I found on the internet to go off of and then a picture of Graham's outfit.  Not shabby, huh? 


As you can see, I even made him a little horn out of a toilet paper roll, construction paper and a permanent marker.  It's not the best trumpet ever, but it worked just fine for these purposes.  Here are a few more pictures: 

  
The rhyme that goes with his costume. 



A close up of my masterpiece.  As you can tell, I'm very crafty. ; ) 


Graham "playing" (a.k.a. chewing on) his horn. 

    
Maybe it's because we were inside, but he sure didn't want to keep the hat on.  

All in all, I think it was a successful day.  They had a fall party today and we brought the apple juice.  He made a special friend, another little boy who looks like him (skinny and bald).  They apparently would take turns talking and listening to each other, as if they were really have a conversation of their own.  Oh, I wish I could have seen that cuteness!  All the kids' and teachers' outfits were super cute and it was fun to be a part of it!  I look forward to all future fun events I can help Graham out with!    

1 comment: