Sunday, September 9, 2012

Busy Little Bee!

Lately, though I've taken some stuff off my plate, I feel like I've added even more onto it.  Whether it is forming businesses, drafting wills, teaching a Kaplan LSAT class, or even the mundane things, like cleaning and cooking, I seem to fill a lot of my moments with things to do.  While thinking about my schedule, I came across this article which discusses how many Christians become "too busy for God."  How sad but true does this concept seem to some of you?  It does to me! 

I am so thankful for a church home where I can get  plugged in.  Though these things alone are not enough time for me to spend in the Bible or in prayer, I am thankful for the women's and couple's bible studies I'm in that just started.  I am hopeful that they challenge me to be in God's Word on a daily basis, not to make it just one more thing to check off my to-do list, but to really grow deeper in my knowledge of and passion for the Lord.      

I find the Cross Church Fayetteville Sunday services themselves to also be wonderful.  It was refreshing and very necessary to refocus my thoughts today after a pretty awful and (I'm embarrassed to say) somewhat emotionally draining college game day.  You Arkansas Razorback fans know where I'm coming from!  Although yesterday seemed pretty humbling in the football realm, our pastor, Nick Floyd, reminded us that being humble does not mean thinking less of yourself... it means thinking of yourself less.  Wow, what a lesson I needed to hear!    

I'm sorry about the rambling nature of this post.  These are just thoughts I've wanted to share lately and see if I'm alone in.  This is a verse I need to live by: "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things."  Colossians 3:2 (NIV)     

1 comment:

  1. I agree, finding a happy balance between life, work and the stuff in-between can sometimes be hard. This is one of my challenges. I often see people who have it together and wonder how they can accomplish so much! Often we forget that prayer is one one of the vehicles we can use to get us there. Great post.

    ReplyDelete