Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 3: My Favorite TV Show

Wow, this was a tough one!

DAY 03: A PICTURE OF THE CAST FROM YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW


Believe it or not, this was one of the more difficult challenges so far (true, ...it's only my third)! I love watching tv shows, though I don't have cable now, so I don't do it as consistently as I used to. We got rid of cable so we would get out more and (hopefully) do more productive things with my time. I surprisingly don't miss cable too much. We have over-the-air channels, which includes most of the channels I would be watching anyway. I sometimes miss TLC, Discovery Channel and Lifetime, but I can watch most shows I want to online. The main thing I do miss is DVR. I loved not having to watch commercials!

Anyway, I ended up choosing Parks & Recreation as my favorite tv show. For a LONG time, I would've said The Office, but I feel like the first seasons were a lot better and the more recent seasons are hit-or-miss. I'm still a fan though! I love Parks & Recreation though. It has a great cast of characters. I think my favorite character might be Tom Haverford.

Here are the runners-up in no particular order & a little commentary on each.

(1) Glee - Rachel Berry, Puck. Admittedly, I don't agree with all the messages this show sends, but I've always been a fan of musicals, so I just love the music!
(2) Modern Family - Phil is HILARIOUS! In my opinion, he makes the show.
(3) The Middle - This is a great show, because it is SO true. It's just a regular, though quirky, family in the middle of the country living a regular life, but so so funny.
(4) The Office - Kelly Kapoor is HILARIOUS. She doesn't get a lot of lines, but I love when she does!
(5) Grey's Anatomy - I really really miss Izzie & O'Malley. I also liked Dr. Burke and his relationship with Christina (though he made poor choices that ended in his being fired). I don't think the show is the same without those characters. My fave character now is Miranda Bailey; I also like Chief Webber a lot. Anyone notice that Meredith has been wearing a lot less makeup lately? I saw an old episode the other day and noticed a big difference. I hope Lexie and Mark get back together. And I hope Callie's baby makes it.
(6) Private Practice - I didn't think I would like this show, because I didn't like Addison's character on Grey's, but they really made you like her once you got to know her character better. I miss Dell and I used to like the idea of Addison and Pete, but I have gotten over that. I am, however, mad at Sam for kissing Naomi. Tssk tssk, Sam.
(7) Army Wives - love this show, but I hate seeing characters you know well die, so it's a love-hate relationship.
(8) Drop Dead Diva - This is a GREAT show! I think you need to watch it from the very beginning to really get the concept, but it doesn't start back until June so you have a while to catch up!

Feel free to comment with your thoughts/your favorites too!!!

The 30-day photo challenge:


DAY 01: A PICTURE OF YOURSELF WITH FIFTEEN FACTS
DAY 02: A PICTURE OF YOU AND SOMEONE YOU USED TO BE CLOSE WITH
DAY 03: A PICTURE OF THE CAST FROM YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW
DAY 04: A PICTURE OF YOUR FAVORITE DAY
DAY 05: A PICTURE OF ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE MEMORIES
DAY 06: A PICTURE OF A PERSON YOU'D LOVE TO CHANGE PLACES WITH FOR A DAY
DAY 07: A PICTURE OF YOUR MOST TREASURED ITEM
DAY 08: A PICTURE THAT MAKES YOU LAUGH
DAY 09: PICTURE OF YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER
DAY 10: A PICTURE OF THE PEOPLE YOU DID THE CRAZIEST THINGS WITH
DAY 11: A PICTURE OF SOMETHING YOU DON'T LIKE
DAY 12: A PICTURE OF SOMETHING YOU LIKE
DAY 13: A PICTURE OF YOUR FAMILY
DAY 14: A PICTURE OF SOMEONE YOU COULD NEVER IMAGINE YOUR LIFE WITHOUT
DAY 15: A PICTURE OF SOMETHING YOU WANT TO DO BEFORE YOU DIE.
DAY 16: A PICTURE OF WHERE YOU WANT TO LIVE OUT YOUR DAYS
DAY 17: A PICTURE OF YOUR FAVORITE SUPER HERO
DAY 18: FIRST 10 SONGS ON YOUR iPOD SHUFFLE
DAY 19: A PICTURE OF YOU AS A KID
DAY 20: A PICTURE OF SOMEWHERE YOU'D LIKE TO TRAVEL
DAY 21: A PICTURE FROM LAST SUMMER
DAY 22: A PICTURE OF YOUR FAVORITE FOOD
DAY 23: A PICTURE OF SOMETHING YOU WISH YOU WERE BETTER AT
DAY 24: A PICTURE OF YOUR FAVORITE BOOK
DAY 25: A PICTURE OF YOU AND YOUR SIBLINGS
DAY 26: A PICTURE OF THE LAST MOVIE YOU SAW IN THEATERS
DAY 27: A PICTURE OF A TRADITION YOU HAVE
DAY 28: A PICTURE OF YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO SHOP
DAY 29: A PICTURE OF WHERE YOU LIVE
DAY 30: A PICTURE OF YOUR FAVORITE SPORT

No comments:

Post a Comment