Friday, February 15, 2013

My Crafty Valentine

For this Valentine's Day, Graham and I made some gifts.  First, we made some "long-distance hugs" to send to the grandparents and great-grandparents.  Here is a picture of one of those hugs: 


We simply took Graham's handprints and cut around them, measured and cut ribbon out the length of his arm-span, and taped the ribbon to the handprints.  Though the painting part was a little messy, that was my own fault.  I blame lack of experience; I have since gained valuable tips on how to get a less messy handprint experience in the future. 

For Dustin, I made a root beer float kit (because he likes root beer... and ice cream, of course!).  It included a homemade card, root beer, ice cream, glasses, an ice cream scoop, some cute Valentines straws, and a cute card that said "Valentine, You float my boat."  Here are some pictures: 




 
I think he liked it!  I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!     

Until next time, 

Lynds

No comments:

Post a Comment