Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 9: A Picture of Your Favorite Flower

DAY 09: A PICTURE OF MY FAVORITE FLOWER

Not the most interesting of challenges, but here goes:


TULIPS are my favorite flower!

I'm going to give a short story to make this post a little more interesting. A little over 7 years ago (early 2004), I was sitting with a group of friends in Brough (campus dining hall) eating and, somehow, we got on the topic of our favorite flowers. I mentioned in passing that the tulip was my favorite flower. Unbeknownst to me, someone was taking notes. Not long after that was Valentine's Day 2004. No plans for this single girl! I had no idea my life would forever change that day.

I went to the front desk at Gibson Hall, because I had a package. Thinking it was probably something my mom sent for Valentine's Day, I was curious to see what it was. To my surprise, I found a single tulip with a note attached. The anonymous note wished me a Happy Valentine's Day and had a Bible verse on it. Hmm.. who could this be?

I was thinking it must be someone in my co-ed bible study! But everyone I asked said they didn't do it. In fact, one nice guy said, "You know, the people in our bible study aren't the only people that read the Bible!" *ahem, Donald Meador, thanks* So, needless to say, I was stumped.

Finally, however, the perpetrator came forward and said "Well, I guess you figured out by now... I sent you the tulip." Funny thing... I might've had an idea, but I certainly hadn't figured it out! Anyway, the perp then asked me on a date and the rest is history. If you haven't already guessed, the perp = my husband, Dustin! : D

On another note, I believe my recent planting of oriental lilies in my front yard has gone sour (for a number of reasons, including that I don't believe I planted the bulbs right side up, the bulbs looked dead when I planted them, and these particular flowers are supposed to have good drainage and we had the floods of 2011 right after I planted them). Poor things... But back on topic. I think in the fall I will plant tulips in our front yard. How pretty and fitting will that be?!

What's your favorite flower?

The 30-day photo challenge:

DAY 01: A PICTURE OF YOURSELF WITH FIFTEEN FACTS
DAY 02: A PICTURE OF YOU AND SOMEONE YOU USED TO BE CLOSE WITH
DAY 03: A PICTURE OF THE CAST FROM YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW
DAY 04: A PICTURE OF YOUR FAVORITE DAY
DAY 05: A PICTURE OF ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE MEMORIES
DAY 06: A PICTURE OF A PERSON YOU'D LOVE TO CHANGE PLACES WITH FOR A DAY
DAY 07: A PICTURE OF YOUR MOST TREASURED ITEM
DAY 08: A PICTURE THAT MAKES YOU LAUGH
DAY 09: PICTURE OF YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER
DAY 10: A PICTURE OF THE PEOPLE YOU DID THE CRAZIEST THINGS WITH
DAY 11: A PICTURE OF SOMETHING YOU DON'T LIKE
DAY 12: A PICTURE OF SOMETHING YOU LIKE
DAY 13: A PICTURE OF YOUR FAMILY
DAY 14: A PICTURE OF SOMEONE YOU COULD NEVER IMAGINE YOUR LIFE WITHOUT
DAY 15: A PICTURE OF SOMETHING YOU WANT TO DO BEFORE YOU DIE.
DAY 16: A PICTURE OF WHERE YOU WANT TO LIVE OUT YOUR DAYS
DAY 17: A PICTURE OF YOUR FAVORITE SUPER HERO
DAY 18: FIRST 10 SONGS ON YOUR iPOD SHUFFLE
DAY 19: A PICTURE OF YOU AS A KID
DAY 20: A PICTURE OF SOMEWHERE YOU'D LIKE TO TRAVEL
DAY 21: A PICTURE FROM LAST SUMMER
DAY 22: A PICTURE OF YOUR FAVORITE FOOD
DAY 23: A PICTURE OF SOMETHING YOU WISH YOU WERE BETTER AT
DAY 24: A PICTURE OF YOUR FAVORITE BOOK
DAY 25: A PICTURE OF YOU AND YOUR SIBLINGS
DAY 26: A PICTURE OF THE LAST MOVIE YOU SAW IN THEATERS
DAY 27: A PICTURE OF A TRADITION YOU HAVE
DAY 28: A PICTURE OF YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO SHOP
DAY 29: A PICTURE OF WHERE YOU LIVE
DAY 30: A PICTURE OF YOUR FAVORITE SPORT

No comments:

Post a Comment